Friday, January 6, 2012

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

HOLY SHIT!  It's been forever since I've blogged.  Sorryz!  I've been super busy.  Here's a quick recap of Christmas and NYE:


CHRISTMAS


This year Christmas was PERFECT.  I got everything I wanted and more.  But, it's not just about that.  I had such an amazing time in Park City with my family.  We stayed in the most beautiful cabin and ate yummy yummy food, played fun games, watched movies in the theater room and just enjoyed each other's company.  I'm so glad that once a year we can all get together and celebrate our love for each other.  I have to say that playing Dance Central on the XBOX Kinect with my family is always the best.  Do your Grandparents battle each other on the dance floor?  I didn't think so.


This is my mini-me, Afton.  We're the best of friends and the first night at the cabin
we cuddled and watched Xmas movies together.  It was perfect.

This is the elf-on-the-shelf.  I was laughing SO hard when Afton told me the story behind him.
Basically, he's Santa's little helper.  He picks a new spot every day and watches to make sure you're being a nice kid.
You're not supposed to find his secret hiding place, but she still looked for him every morning.

This was my gift from my bro-in-law, Camden.  He's a total smart ass.
Can you guess what book he gave me?


Okay, so maybe I opened one of my Christmas presents early (previous photo).
But It's because I've been so damn excited to read this book.

This is Jexton.  He's a little over 1yr old.  He's the funniest and cutest little baby.

It's holiday tradition for my Gma Kay to make her pies.  They're the most delicious pies EVER.  My favorite is cherry!

Every year we draw names between the Grandkids.  This year Travis gave to Jexton and I gave to Peyton.
We got Jexton a little drum set and he absolutely loved it.
Look at how cute his little baby belly is!  He's such a doll.

I got Peyton Dance Central 2 (which we put to very good use, it was SO fun to play!),
I made her an awesome leather & leaf necklace and got her a cute flannel.
This is the 2nd time in a row that I've gotten her name and I'm always scared that she won't
like what I get her, but she loved everything.

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is matching PJ's.  Every year Gma Kay
buys EVERYONE pajamas.  The girls match and the boys match.  It's so cute!

Everyone in my family knows that my #1 favorite Christmas tradition is reindeer dust.
I think it's because I'm the oldest grandkid and get to take charge.
We do this right before we go to bed - I read the poem, then we go outside and throw the
reindeer dust in the air.  It's been my favorite ever since I was younger because
I truly believed that it worked.  It's so fun helping the little kids believe it too.

One of my favorite Christmas presents that Trav gave me is this comfy blanket.
It's amazing!  It's seriously the softest thing ever.

After we opened presents it was time to dance our butts off.
Here's Gpa Leonard and Peyton battling each other.  Isn't my Gpa the coolest?

The Cedar Waxwing, Bombycilla cedrorum.
This beauty is our gift from Trav's older brother, Bryce.
Bryce is the most amazing artist & writer - he focuses primarily on birds.
Check out his blog: http://ofbirdsandb.wordpress.com/

Just me and the husby having some fun on Christmas.  He got me a new lipstick and I'm
completely obsessed!  It's "Hang-Up" by MAC.

We bought running shoes with some of the money that my family gave us.
We got the same ones (yah, we're that cute), just different colors.
They're already being put to great use and we LOVE them.  They're super comfy.

Last, but not least here are some shoes that I got when we went shopping the day after Christmas.
These beauties were only $15!!!  Can you believe that?  They were having a huge close-out
sale at the Aldo store in Park City.  Best purchase ever.

(I don't have any other pictures of my gifts, but I'll snag some soon.  I got so many great things!!!)


NYE

On New Year's Eve day we went to Trav's parent's house in Moroni, UT.  We hung out with the fam for a little while.  I got to see Telulah, which was the greatest thing EVER.  I miss her so much.  It means so much to me that when she sees me she lights up and won't leave my side.  She still knows I'm her mommy.  As much as I wish we could take her home every time we visit, she just can't have the life at our house that she can at Trav's parents.  Oh well, I guess I'll just have to visit more often.

For NYE night we didn't have any huge plans.  I always feel like NYE never turns out how you want it to.  Everyone gets dressed up and makes huge plans, but they're never as successful as you'd hoped for.  (Or maybe that's just for me?  I don't know.)  Anyway, we just spent it with some friends and family.  We went out around downtown Salt Lake and drank our hearts to death.  I had so much fun with my sister-in-law, Evelyn.  We were lipstick wearing, champagne drinking, sassy Latina ladies. We usually get in trouble when we're together, but who cares.  Trouble is fun.

My favorite thing ever: when my little bear cuddles me.

What I wore on NYE.  I boycotted wearing a dress.
(This is one of the sweaters I got for Christmas!)


Evelyn and myself.

(Morning after a hard night of partying)
Yes this is my sleeping bag and yes that is the passenger seat of my car.
SO HUNGOVER I WANTED TO DIE.
I think that translates into success.

After we nursed our hangovers, the husby and I nerded out on our
new LOTR game we got for Christmas.
#trueloveisplayingvideogamestogether

Well, that's about it.  Now, I can get back to the real world.

- M

1 comment:

  1. Your Christmas sounds like it was so much fun. My family rarely all gets together anymore and it bums me out! I am jealous! I love that you play LOTR video games. My favorite video game was a Two Towers game on Xbox but I haven't been able to play it since I've moved out! Lastly, you're a babe.

    ReplyDelete